• Wayfinders’ Mission is to ignite students’ potential by expanding their confidence, connections, and horizons. We achieve this through summer camp experiences, year-round enrichment programs, and mentor relationships for self-motivated, underserved students.
• Our Vision is that every child, regardless of zip code, has access to transformative life experiences through camp, mentorship, and educational opportunities. In 2023, we will serve 170 4th – 12th graders in Mecklenburg County, with 140 mentors supporting our scholars.
Wayfinders’ Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and office support for all program and development staff; assisting with all camp, enrichment, and mentoring programming; managing CRM software to track students served and mentors; assisting with donor software as needed; managing office environment, technology, and supplies; providing marketing, communications, event planning, and social media support as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. General Administrative and Office Support – answer and direct phone calls; organize and schedule appointments and meetings; write and distribute emails and other correspondence; assist in preparing various reports and documents; develop and maintain physical and cloud-based filing systems; maintain office supplies and an organized office environment; manage office technology needs and relationship with IT managed services company.
2. Database Management – maintain accurate information in database (currently Neon One CRM) for all current and former scholars, mentors, and board members; be the point person for all internal database questions and issues; run reports as needed.
3. Communications and Event Planning Support – create flyers, mailers, handbooks, and other materials as needed; support all program and development special events as needed; plan, curate, develop, and publish social media content across all platforms in coordination with other staff, as needed.
The foregoing description is not intended to and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
This position will require in-person work for some meetings and events but can be performed remotely at other times. Due to the out-of-school-time nature of our enrichment programs, occasional non-traditional hours may be required for program implementation and observation including some evening and/or weekend commitments. The position reports to the Executive Director, who will conduct an annual performance review.
Experience and Skills We’re Looking For:
• Associate degree or equivalent experience required.
• At least 1 years’ experience in customer service or administrative role
• Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Demonstrated competency working across socio-economic, racial, and cultural differences.
• Ability to face challenges with creativity and empathy
• Passion for the work of Wayfinders
• Appreciation for and understanding of the work of racial justice
• Ability to represent Wayfinders favorably to the public
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with CRM software/data entry
• Social media skills and experience a plus
• Spanish language fluency strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range is $40,000 – 45,000, depending on experience and qualifications. Wayfinders currently offers a supplementary stipend for benefits in addition to existing paid, vacation, holiday, and sick leave, and this position is eligible for an annual bonus. We will begin offering healthcare and retirement benefits October 1, 2023.
Wayfinders provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender-identity/expression, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, or political belief or activity.
To apply, please send your resume and a tweet-length (140 characters) introduction to Mollie James, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through May 24, 2023.