Founded in 1969, Arts+ is a music and visual art nonprofit organization that envisions the transformative impact of arts education illuminating every corner of the Charlotte region. Its goal is to make outstanding arts education available to students of all ages, skill levels, and socioeconomic backgrounds. From private lessons to summer camps to community outreach programs, Arts+ strives to help each student unlock their full potential through the power of arts education.
The Communications Manager, under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director, is responsible for supporting and executing Arts+ communications and marketing strategy to build and sustain the organization’s brand, culture, and engagement of families, donors, and partners. This role will collaborate across departments and cross-functional project teams, on external communications designed to engage constituents and build/strengthen a relationship with Arts+. This is not a remote position.
- Develop communications that creatively showcase the value of an arts education, while educating and engaging current and prospective stakeholders about Arts+’s mission and impact
- Manage a part-time Digital Media Strategist who will oversee the website; social media accounts, including content and messaging; marketing campaigns (paid and organic); and reporting of data analytics (Position to be hired in fall 2023)
- Ensure adherence to graphic design requirements, brand standards, and style guidelines in all communications
- Manage creative development of all print communications for external audiences including direct mail, appeals, annual reports, fact sheets, flyers, etc.
- Coordinate all paid media, working with Associate Executive Director to ensure the effective use of financial resources
- Leverage and maintain partner relationships for strategic cross-marketing opportunities
- Write and edit compelling mission-focused stories
- Strategize with and support our external PR firm including editing press releases and assisting with media requests
- Develop a social media strategy and manage all platforms, including paid digital ads
- Create and direct email campaigns including writing, editing, and designing
- Oversee graphic designers, commercial printers, and other support personnel to create professional and impactful communication pieces
- Create and manage the monthly editorial calendar and integrate across online and offline channels
- Create and manage the content on ArtsPlus.org
- Analyze data to provide monthly, annual, and periodic reporting of activities
- Develop talking points and presentations for executive leadership
- Provide communications support to other teams, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Successful performance in this position requires an individual with the ability to collaborate creatively and work effectively with internal and external partners, and the ability to oversee and manage activities that accomplish departmental and organizational goals. Prioritization and the ability to execute many projects simultaneously are essential in this role. This position requires effective and disciplined tactical execution. Required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in public relations or journalism
- 3-5 years of professional experience in communication and/or marketing, nonprofit experience is a plus
- Excellent written communication skills with strong editing and proofreading abilities
- Ability to interact with community members, staff, and donors at all levels with a high level of professionalism
- Effective execution of building engagement via social media efforts for a brand, including in executing successful paid and organic social media campaigns
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, including setting priorities and adapting to changes, in a time-sensitive, fast-paced workplace
- Well-organized with exceptional attention to detail, yet adaptable and flexible enough to meet evolving priorities
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills and experience, including the ability to apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to addressing problems and developing solutions
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Comfortable in Adobe Creative Suite; proficient with web content management systems
- Experience in email marketing software such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact
- Professional maturity, sound judgment, and integrity
- Personal commitment to arts education
- The Covid-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment
Apply by visiting https://cfscsharedservices.isolvedhire.com/jobs/881506.html to submit a cover letter and resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE AND NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS NOT REMOTE.