Pay Range: Starting at $13.15 per hour
You’re lifting more than furniture – you’re lifting up a family!
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region’s Cornelius ReStore is seeking an energetic individual with excellent customer-service skills to assist our customers and donors. This position will be responsible for loading and unloading merchandise and donations, moving merchandise to and from the sales floor, informing customers of what we can accept as donations; while representing Habitat in a positive manner to all donors, customers and others you come in contact.
Working to build homes, communities and hope in Charlotte and the surrounding area, Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region has partnered with more than 3,000 families since 1983. This year, we will help over 300 families through new home construction, recycling existing homes, critical home repair projects and financial literacy training. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a leading nonprofit organization in the field of affordable housing.
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region offers competitive wages and a great affordable benefits package. Pay as little as $28 per month for health insurance! Complimentary vision, short & long-term disability and life/AD&D. Dental and FSA accounts also available. Retirement Plan with up to 3% match. PTO for full and part time positions. Up to ten paid holidays for full-time team members.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensure that each customer and donor receives outstanding service
- Guarantee safe and prompt loading and unloading of customers’ donated or purchased merchandise
- Guarantee safe and prompt loading and unloading of Restore trucks
- Maintain safe procedures while moving merchandise to and from the sales floor
- Inform customers of our donations acceptance policy; refer donors to alternate options for those items that we do not accept
- Knowledgeable about company’s products and services, and customer-related policies
- Be an effective team member when working with staff and volunteers
- Utilize fork lift as required
- Demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude when interacting with employees, customers, donors, volunteers and the public
- Show initiative
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Adhere to schedule
- Represent Habitat in a positive, professional manner at all times
- Maintain a presentable appearance, including ReStore appropriate attire
- Ability to adhere to Habitat’s Code of Conduct policies and other policies
- Dependable transportation to work
- Habitat Charlotte Region-related tasks as requested by supervisor
- Ability to move and lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to move and lift at least 75 lbs with assistance
- Ability to work outdoors in all climates
- Ability to obtain Forklift Certification and operate a forklift on a regular basis
- Ability to climb steps to Forklift cab
- Ability to move and stand for extended periods of time
- Habitat Staff
Estimated Time Commitment:
- 40 hours/week, including weekends and periodic holidays
Level of authority:
- Requires minimal supervision
- Reports to Backroom Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen and clean background check is required.