Full Job Description
Charlotte Center City Partners is looking for a Vice President, Programs and Events to provide leadership and event operations support to our organization as a part of the annual program of work in Uptown and South End. This mid-senior level position will connect with our community as we host and program a variety of diverse and inclusive events that demonstrate our commitment to boldly envision and activate strategies and actions that will assure Charlotte Center City is a welcoming and equitable, economically vibrant, culturally rich and beloved place for all. You can achieve professional growth and fulfillment doing mission-based work in one of the most dynamic and growing cities in the country. You will partner with individuals, businesses, and other collaborative organizations as we work together to make Center City a memorable place to live, work, and play.
This role will report to the Chief Creative Officer and will directly manage a team of two full-time staff plus a varied number of event specific contract operations staff and volunteers. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
· On-site management of ALL Center City Partners’ programs and events with a goal of creating inclusive, diverse, and exceptional experiences for all. Coordination to include setup/strike, site design and layout, comprehensive production schedules, vendor contracting, and more.
· Cooperatively leading on vision, strategy, and tactics for the Engagement Team (E Team) while managing direct reports to ensure program and event operation functions are efficient, effective, innovative, and aligned with state-of-the-art goals and standards.
· Managing program and event production & operations budgets, including tracking and reporting, collaborating with team members to streamline budget needs, and assisting with contract negotiation and review.
· Developing and providing consistent messaging to the E Team to drive excellence in program and event processes including logistics and event operations, improved volunteer management, budget management, training and resource development, and policies and procedures.
· Being Curious and taking the lead on the creative development of cutting-edge program and event operations best practices, tools, and resources.
· Building a network of collaboration and support to ensure our programs and events run smoothly and efficiently to improve the overall attendee experience and corporate partnership development.
· Upholding strong and positive relationships with staff, board members, stakeholders, and third-party partners.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 7 – 10 years of experience in event planning with an emphasis on corporate and/or festival or large-scale event production.
· Self-starter who is an independent thinker capable of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines within a cross-functional team environment.
· Proven ability to effectively manage teams towards a common objective.
· Working knowledge of staging and production support for events of all sizes.
· Excellent listening skills, including verbal and non-verbal communication, active listening, negotiating, problem-solving and decision-making.
· Highly effective organizational skills, time management, responsibility, leadership, and motivation.
· Ability to work outside of standard hours which will involve some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Strong financial skillset with P&L and budget management experience.
· Ability to work with C-level executives.
· Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Office 365 and Adobe products. An aptitude to learn new programs quickly is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is commensurate on candidate’s qualifications. CCCP offers a generous benefits including health, dental, short, long-term and life insurance with a flexible spending option, and a 401K retirement program.
Who We Are: Charlotte Center City Partners is a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization that boldly envisions and activates strategies and actions that will assure Charlotte Center City is a welcoming and equitable, economically vibrant, culturally rich, and beloved place for all. Charlotte Center City Partners believes in the value of urban places, acting with integrity, the power of diversity and collaboration, and approaching all we do with passion, innovation, tenacity, and excellence.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Charlotte Center City Partners celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, interns and contractors. Charlotte Center City Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Charlotte Center City Partners’ management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, teammate activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Event planning: 7 years (Required)
- Managing teams: 3 years (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place