Part Time: 20-25 hours a week
Reports to: Executive Director
The Volunteer Coordinator provides overall direction, coordination and consultation for all volunteer functions within the organization to strengthen the organization’s programs and events. This position partners closely with Education staff, the gardeners and leadership team to ensure that we have a strong cadre of knowledgeable and effective volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator trains and welcomes volunteers and serves as an ambassador for Wing Haven.
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment to include responding to new inquiries and directing volunteers into appropriate roles. Work with high schools, colleges, Audubon Society, Master gardeners, Master Naturalists similar groups to engage new and diverse volunteers.
- Assist Auxiliary Council and Wing Haven departments to fill volunteer needs for on-going programs and special activities. This includes, but is not limited to the
administrative/office needs, plant sales, hospitality, fundraisers, educational programming, special events, tours, and other activities.
- Provide Orientations throughout the year to discuss the history of Wing Haven, volunteer opportunities, procedures and requirements.
- Supports leadership team in preparing for meetings with donors/volunteers by setting up meeting space with flowers and refreshments.
- Manage a volunteer tracking system to record volunteer hours, contact information and volunteer placement.
- Send monthly volunteer e-news.
- Foster lasting relationships with volunteers and work with Development and Education to create methods and activities to show appreciation for volunteers. Plan and host the annual Volunteer Appreciation coffee.
- Write a volunteer article for submission to the Wing Haven biannual newsletter.
- On rare occasions serve as host at Clarkson House
- Participate in staff meetings
- Serve as staff liaison to the Auxiliary Council
- Represent Wing Haven at community events as appropriate to recruit volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Warm and approachable, energetic, task – oriented, efficient and attentive to detail
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Understanding of G-suite applications. Understanding of contact management systems (ex. Constant Contact) and on-line scheduling systems (ex. Sign-up Genius) preferred. ● Familiarity with payment systems and comfortable handling money
- Ability to work well with fellow team members and volunteers/visitors in a team environment
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Must be able to serve all guests equally regardless of their age, disability, national origin, religious belief, veteran status, race/color, genetic information, marital status, gender identity and/or sexual orientation
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
Send resume and cover letter to: Wing Haven, att: Volunteer Coordinator Position, 260 Ridgewood Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28209 or apply online email@example.com
Please apply by June 15, 2021