Develops, motivates, and leads a professional, efficient, customer-focused sales and service team. Manages day-to-day operations of the call center, daytime box office, and assists with events. Manages full and part time customer service representatives (CSRs) and assists in managing the Ticketing Supervisors team. Responsible for staff sales training, quality assurance, scheduling, and adherence to proper reporting and accounting practices. Works closely with Ticketing Operations Manager and Guest Satisfaction Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for creating a team-oriented work environment that supports achievement of sales goals and the delivery of excellent customer service for Blumenthal Performing Arts (BPA) events and CarolinaTix (CTix) clients.
• Establishing and maintaining a culture of trust and appreciation within the Ticketing Department
• Maintain Blumenthal customer service standards by coordinating activities, allocating personnel, responding to employee assistance.
• Plan, manage and supervise the day-to-day activities of the box office, call center, and ticketing staff.
• Responsible for interviewing, selecting, training and evaluating CSRs maintain BPA call center customer service standards, coordinate department and task activities, resolve employee problems and exercise disciplinary action when necessary.
• Review projects for completeness and accuracy.
• Provide exceptional customer service to patrons and clients
• Evaluate performance of the ticketing team on a regular basis to ensure maintaining expected levels of service.
• Monitor analytics to evaluate staff, services, processes, and procedures.
• Review customer feedback and the resolutions from the ticketing team with the Director of Ticket Sales on a weekly basis, and ensure the ticketing team is providing the correct replies.
• Resolve identified concerns that prevent smooth operation.
• Work with internal departments and external clients to facilitate staff training related to upcoming ticketed events
• Audit ticketing processes to ensure the ticketing staff are adhering to approved practices and procedures. Including but not limited to: cash control inventory management, and payment card industry (PCI) standards.
• Ensure all channels of communication with guests are properly staffed and being addressed in the appropriate manner. This can include: calls, emails, chat requests, and appointments.
• Responsible for ticket office management including supply orders, inventory, and team meals and entertainment budget.
• Receive and respond to customer inquiries; resolve problems to ensure efficient operations.
• Create and maintain policy and procedures for the ticketing staff.
• Oversee pre and post show box office operations as appropriate.
• Assist with planning and managing annual staffing budget with the Director of Ticket Sales and Customer Service.
• Research best practices for both staff management and when needed implement new tools for achieving best industry best practices.
• Work closely with all internal departments for cross-promotional initiatives.
• Uphold Blumenthal Performing Arts mission through work performed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five (5) or more years’ experience in live events, preferably ticketing, call center, or customer service.
• Three (3) years of supervisory experience.
• Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
• Proficient in ticketing software and systems.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Customer focused approach.
• Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
• Exhibits a positive attitude with interpersonal skills.
• Maintain confidential information.
• Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Position Specific Competencies:
• Communication & interpersonal skills
• Service Leadership outlook
• Delegating responsibility & empowering employees
• Ability to teach, mentor, and coach team members (suggestion. Ability to work alongside, motivate, support, and involve employees in accomplishing team goals and objectives)
• Ability to work under pressure and handle difficult situations with urgency, courtesy and tact when dealing internally and with the public
• Ensures consistent policies & best practices
• Relationship building/networking
• Building team environment
• Training and development
• Managing multiple priorities
• Quality of work
• Time Management
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume, including salary history, to: email@example.com.
When attaching a resume to your email submission, files MUST be either (.docx) or (.pdf) format. File types other than these will be rejected.
You may also fax your resume to 704-444-2163 or mail to:
130 N. Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202