POSITION TITLE: Softball Program Head / Head Varsity Softball Coach
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
TERM: 12 Months
Charlotte Country Day School, an independent coeducational day school located in Charlotte, NC, is currently recruiting for a softball program head / head varsity softball coach to begin work with the spring 2021 season. This is a part-time, year-round position with hours varying according to season. Off-season workouts will begin in early December; formal practices will begin in mid-February. The season concludes in late May. Specific start date for this position is negotiable but must be on or prior to January 18. Qualified candidates will be eligible for other full-time positions at the school if appropriate positions are available; additional teaching or administrative positions would likely not be available until the 2021-22 school year.
The softball program head / head varsity softball coach will join an athletics program that includes 26 varsity sports, most of which have both junior varsity and middle-school counterparts. The softball program includes a varsity and a middle school team. The softball program head / head varsity softball coach is directly responsible for coaching the varsity team as well as for the oversight and coordination of the entire program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervision and instruction of varsity softball student-athletes during all team activities
- Development of a long-term softball program vision, plan, and teaching curriculum
- Ongoing hiring, management, and evaluation of softball program coaching staff
- Development and oversight of softball program budget
- Development of softball practice and competition schedules, including summer activities
- Maintenance and upkeep of softball program equipment and apparel
- Regular communication with team parents / athletics program staff regarding program activities
- Attendance at required softball program, athletics program, and school meetings
- Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes
- Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student-athletes
- Compliance with all Charlotte Country Day School, Charlotte Independent Schools Athletic Association, Greater Charlotte Middle School Athletic Association, and North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association policies and procedures.
Successful candidates must have significant experience coaching at the high school, club, or collegiate level. Candidates must exhibit enthusiasm for the role of athletics in an independent school setting, vision and creativity, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment. Additionally, candidates must complete a criminal background check and must possess or obtain prior to the start of their season current First Aid and CPR certification.
Interested candidates should complete an application (including resume and cover letter) through the school’s online application system at www.charlottecountryday.org/employment.
It is the policy of Charlotte Country Day School not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy extends to recruitment, employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, training, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.