About QCity Metro
QCityMetro.com is a news, business and culture platform created to inform Black communities in Charlotte, N.C., and the surrounding region. QCity Metro promotes Black excellence, social connectedness and civic engagement via an informed and collective voice online and in person. We provide color to your perspective. Founded in 2008, QCityMetro.com was one of the nation’s first digital-only news organizations founded to serve a local, Black audience. Today our online presence includes our website, newsletters, and social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram
QCity Metro is hiring a creative, energetic college student to assist with managing our social media accounts including – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Our ideal candidate is a marketing (or related) major with strong writing skills, significant knowledge & experience with social media, and a mind for analyzing online metrics.
Because of the Covid-19 outbreak, this intern will work remotely and will report to the revenue strategist.
- Assist with QCity Metro’s social media presence and growth by researching best practices and implementing new ideas
- Post all of QCity Metro’s news stories and cater them to each social media platform
- Grow QCity Metro’s followings and engagements on all platforms.
- Keep consistent contact with QCity Metro’s advertising clients to ensure we are meeting their goals.
- Help to manage and employ social media advertising campaigns for QCity Metro’s clients.
- Current student at a four-year university majoring in Marketing or a related field
- Social media savvy
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Able to work Monday thru Friday, capping at 10 hours per week
- Start date is as soon as possible, and will extend at least through the Fall semester
- Based on experience
- Starting at $12/hour
How to apply
- Email your resume and any relevant work examples to email@example.com
QCity Metro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered