Are you a seasoned executive assistant who wants more time to be with your kids? Is your sock drawer folded and organized? Do you have to have calendar reminders to breathe? Are you calm, cool, and collected? A problem solver? Have a logical, well-organized work style? Love helping a team perform at its optimal level? A whiz at using technology? If so, you may be our new duck. You might be the key to organizing our Head Quack. This is a part time to full time role with a 90-day initial contract period to make sure you dig us and we dig you. You dig?
Key responsibilities include acting as the single point of contact for the principal, working on interesting projects, travel arrangement, calendar management, and minor administrative business detail by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Handling the daily activities of the Principal and acting as defender of schedule
• Keeping the Principal updated about the recent updates like emails, letters and information of similar nature.
• Assist in organizing and purging emails and ensuring project management system is in sync with current up to the minute priorities.
• Expected to be mannerly and courteous in all situations while on the job.
• General office administrative tasks
• Arranging conference calls and meetings
• Making travel arrangements (domestic and international)
• Creating and responding to internal and external correspondences
• Organizing and maintaining files
• Answering phones
• Personal tasks (gift purchasing, filling prescriptions, running errands, getting coffee/juices)
• Assists Head Quack in various special projects and client love projects.
• Assists in organizing office activities.
• Might assist in billing/bookkeeping tasks.
• Assists in fulfilling compliance requirements.
• Oversees general office logistics: orders office supplies, calls tech support, greets visitors, etc.
• Assists in the development of client and new business presentation, leave behinds, etc. when time allows.
• Supervises new business mailings and overall list management of existing clients.
Who You Are
You are a highly organized velvet hammer with a healthy mix of these qualities:
• You derive satisfaction from organizing things and having a process.
• Unfinished things drive you crazy.
• You love having a small inbox.
• You ask great questions.
• You’re self-motivated.
• You are detailed-oriented.
• You like being an integral part of a team.
• You are a great communicator.
• You love Google and the satisfaction of being resourceful.
Required Skills & Experience
• REQUIRED: 5+years’ experience in executive assistance
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
• Positive attitude, flexible
• Strong time management skills
• Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with team members
• Intense desire to excel in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in a professional, enthusiastic and courteous manner with no grammatical errors. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Strong follow-through skills
• Excellent computer skills, with experience utilizing email and project management software (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word) and file management
• Drivers license
• Supremely self-confident and fun to work with
Anticipated hours: 9:00am to 2:30 or 3pm M-F
About Yellow Duck Marketing:
We are a niche marketing agency, headquartered in Charlotte, specializing in branding, web design, digital, community outreach and marketing strategies. We serve a wide range of clients––large and small––with a national wingspan specifically focused on real estate, nonprofits and municipal work that help shape our communities we call home and beyond.
Our responsive and passionate team delivers integrated and inspired marketing solutions for our clients who we strive to make them to be raving fans. You’ll also find that the Ducks believe in doing good while doing well—if you value the same, you’ll thrive here. We encourage giving back to the community and engage in volunteering both in our time and pro bono work for some amazing organizations each year. Check out our values. If you don’t share them, that’s OK – there’s another great company out there for you.
Yellow Duck Marketing is committed to having a workforce that represents the diversity of our beautiful community, so as such candidates of color are given special consideration.
Candidates must send resume or website and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.