**Hiring Range: $53,853 – $69,385**
**Salary Range: $53,853 – $82,328**
*Pay range includes supplemental $1/hour premium pay incentive. More information on premium pay will be provided to candidates during the interview process.*
Performs complex skilled clerical and technical work and coordinating, supervising and participating in coding, reporting, filing, auditing, researching police records and police related data; manages the Telecommunication supervisors.
Plans, directs, coordinates and supervises the preparation and maintenance of police records; reads, analyzes and prepares police records and reports; prepares and maintains computer record systems; assists the public and other agencies by providing data; manages the Communications Division, working closely with the Telecommunication supervisors and. Work includes the processing, collection, data entry and storage of law enforcement records, reports, and information; compiling law enforcement records and sending to the SBI; assisting the public with police information and services; entering training and other records in specialized software; serving as Terminal Agency Coordinator for the department; and related activities. Work requires knowledge of federal and state guidelines or internal departmental procedures for the processing and storage of records and evidence. Employees are expected to set their own work priorities, proof their own work, and to assure the confidentiality, accuracy and security of records and evidence. Work is performed in an inside office environment under regular supervision and is reviewed through observation, conferences, reports, and review of work performed in the assigned function.
Essential Function of the Job
• Oversees Telecommunications; manages office operations; assists in hiring and evaluating Telecommunicator employees; assists with budget preparation and contract negotiations; designs and maintains forms.
• Oversees records management; manages office operations; assists in hiring and evaluating records management employees; assists with budget preparation and contract negotiations; designs and maintains forms.
• Maintains training files and adheres to federal standards for Communications.
• Acts as Agency Terminal Coordinator for D.C.I.; oversees and administers certification testing; maintains user agreements, user database and appropriate files; runs CCH log each month; archives D.C.I. messages;
• Checks retention of files and purges as appropriate.
• Validates D.C.I. hot files for SBI; oversees annual data audits; runs employment checks for various departments.
• Maintains accounts payable files; codes for payment; troubleshoots problems;
• Maintains a variety of database lists concerning departmental personnel and related information; maintains department case filing system.
• Sends in, receives and updates alarm data..
• Receives and processes incoming and outgoing mail.
Police Administrative Services Supervisor
• Assists other office staff and law enforcement officers, as needed.
• Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of modern record keeping procedures and practices.
• Thorough knowledge of police forms, terminology and records.
• Thorough knowledge of telecommunications systems and operational procedures, departmental policies and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of modern and effective office practices and procedures.
• Considerable knowledge of the laws, regulations and procedures for custody, storage, confidentiality, tracking and handling of law enforcement records and reports.
• Considerable knowledge and ability to apply office technology, grammar, vocabulary, and spelling.
• Ability to perform a considerable volume of detailed record work.
• Ability to maintain files.
• Ability to type accurately and at a reasonable rate of speed.
• Ability to operate general office and data entry equipment.
• Ability to plan, coordinate and supervise the work of others.
• Ability to follow written and oral directions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with law enforcement officers and staff, other law enforcement agencies, and the general public.
• Ability to set and handle multiple competing priorities.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work standards.
Physical Requirements and Education
• Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of reaching, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
• Must be able to perform sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
• Must possess the visual acuity to prepare data and statistics, operate a computer terminal, do extensive reading, and perform visual inspection of work performed.