The Patron Communications Manager provides ticketing services, exemplary customer service, and works in tandem with the Marketing department to ensure seamless communications to Charlotte Symphony’s patrons. The Patron Communications Manager is a key front line staff member, interacting daily with patrons and providing for their needs. This is a full-time position requiring day, evening and weekend hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Tend to subscribers and donors on a case-by-case basis to ensure satisfaction.
• Assist with incoming and outgoing patron calls, messages, email and walkup.
• Assist patrons with purchase decisions, ticket exchanges, and general information inquiries
• Understand and relay purchasing and exchange policies to patrons.
• Ascertain and resolve patron concerns, requests, and/or complaints in a timely, courteous and informed manner.
• Maintain knowledge of concert programs, seating inventory currently available to patrons.
• Maintain a positive attitude and a genuine interest in helping others.
• On duty customer service and/or sales representative for concert events. Troubleshoot night of show customer issues in a professional manner.
• Serve as customer service expert, setting standards and providing training on patron communications to other members of staff as necessary.
• Assess and advise on patron communication timelines for subscription and single ticket sales cycles.
• Maintain Ticket Office email inbox, voicemail box, and any other communication channels from the patron to Patron Services department, ensuring the health of each channel and timely response protocol.
• Maintain phone system programming and messaging, updating any recorded messages and ensuring phone lines are appropriately set for office closures.
• Provide feedback reports for team on patron communications.
• Advise on new implementations or updates to customer service protocol.
• Gather and fulfill all complimentary tickets from other departments, including Development and Artistic Operations.
• Perform ticket services office functions including answering phones, processing, fulfilling orders, exchanging tickets, resolving problems.
• Process phone and in person orders (subscription and subscription add-ons, exchanges, group, complimentary tickets) using AudienceView CRM.
• Collect accurate and complete data from patrons. Maintain quality database entry practices, and execute regular database maintenance projects.
• Follow proper cash handling procedures and reconcile daily transactions.
• Provide feedback to team in regards to patron entertainment preference and purchasing habits.
• Assist with the implementation and fulfillment of subscription renewal and acquisition campaigns.
• Serve as primary contact for group sales, providing price quotes and ticketing services.
• Process requests submitted both online and via the ticket office email account.
• Perform other related tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two to four years of proven excellent client service experience
• Ability to work independently while maintaining focus and initiative, and using independent judgment to make sound decisions
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Charlotte Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.