PART-TIME NONPROFIT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SouthEnd ARTS is a Charlotte-based nonprofit that provides the opportunity for motivated, underinvested artists to showcase their work during equity art exhibitions, helping each to professionalize their gifts/talents while building cultural bridges, and empowering artists and their communities. SouthEnd ARTS is committed to Progress for All through the ARTS. We serve Char-Meck Seniors, Disabled, Immigrants, Low-Income, Women and Girls, LGBTQIA, and those of African, Latino(a), Asian, Arab, and/or Native American descent.
South End ARTS is hiring a part-time Executive Director: 20 hours a week, growing into a full time-funded position to work with our retiring Founder. Reports to the Board of Directors. Exhibits a passion for history, heritage, art, education, cultural bridges and community building.
The Executive Director (ED) will provide oversight, management, and coordination of the organization’s operations in fulfillment of its mission. Working closely with the Board, key stakeholders and partners, the ED will be visible in the local community, collaborating with other organizations, donors and partners to further the mission.
The ED is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and the strategic plan of SouthEnd ARTS for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
Currently there is an active Board of Directors, Strategic Business Plan, and member base.
• Reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement. in policy decisions, fundraising, and to increase the overall visibility of SouthEnd ARTS.
* Oversees and reports on the organization’s results for the Board of Directors.
* Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs.
* Researches, writes and administers proposals for grant funding opportunities from corporations.
* Develops, executes and attends the fundraising events (including primary annual fundraising event to be created), including but not limited to diversifying and increasing donors, implementing an annual giving campaign and establishing a major/planned gifts effort.
• Establishes and implements administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations of SouthEnd ARTS.
* Develops and implements consistent inventory and cost accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
* Prepares accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends..
* Utilizes a wide range of communications tools.
* Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
* Supervises the development of operations-based financial modeling.
* Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with operational and senior management for all locations.
* Approves major systems implementations related to cost and inventory control.
* Retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
* Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
* Utilizes a wide range of communications tools to engage and excite multiple audiences about SouthEnd ARTS.
*Enhances SouthEnd ARTS image by being active and visible in the community and by cultivating partnerships with other professional, civic and private organizations.
• Serves as primary spokesperson to SouthEnd ARTS constituents, the media and the general public.
• Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
• Completes any other duties deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
* 9AM-1PM 5 days a week. This position is a negotiated combination of In-person and virtual training. Community outreach combined with At-home communications.
PART-TIME EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
• Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm related to SouthEnd ARTS mission and understands the role SouthEnd ARTS plays in contributing to social and economic mobility for underinvested artists and the community.
• Is highly motivated, self-confident, challenge-driven and entrepreneurial, thriving in a work environment characterized by autonomy and measurable goals and results.
• Preferably has experience as a nonprofit executive director or is alternatively experienced in several areas of the nonprofit sector including fund development, marketing/communications, and/or program management.
• Possesses ability to take ownership of strategic vision and develop as their own.
• Exhibits both resourcefulness and creativity as it relates to leveraging resources and relationships to advance SouthEnd ARTS’s mission and vision.
• Has ability to successfully manage several projects from initiation to completion and achieve stated goals on time and within budget.
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Four-year college degree appreciated but not required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Management preferred
* 5 or years of non-profit management experience in an operational environment
* 5 or more years management or supervisory experience
Please email resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this position with the subject line “SEA ED Position” to email@example.com Closing date is July 31, 2021.
Note that only those candidates invited to screening will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
To learn more about SouthEnd ARTS, please visit https://southendarts.net/.