Sustain Charlotte is seeking a Marketing and Communications Specialist, someone who is a wordsmith, has fluency in web and graphic design, loves social media and analytics equally, and holds a commitment to furthering smart growth and sustainability in Charlotte.
An ideal candidate is an independent contractor who is passionate about advocacy work and cause marketing. This role is integral to effectively communicate Sustain Charlotte’s mission to inspire choices that lead to a healthy, equitable, and vibrant community.
Dedicated, on-demand support for 25 – 40 hours per week. Some projects will be rush (needing immediate attention), and some projects will be required outside of regular business hours and/or over the weekend. The specialist is expected to respond to requests promptly, demonstrate acute attention to detail, and manage multiple projects with varying deadlines in a fast-paced setting.
This position will be responsible for writing and creating visual concepts, layouts, and graphic designs for print, email, web, mobile and other digital platforms to support the promotion of Sustain Charlotte’s programs and services. The ideal candidate must possess graphic design, web design, and layout skills and be creative and flexible.
As an independent Marketing and Communications Specialist, you will not be an employee of Sustain Charlotte. Instead, you will function as a contractor, providing services on a Form 1099 basis.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Curate and manage content across all social media channels
• Write, design, and publish all digital materials, e-newsletters, web pages, digital ads, social graphics, infographics, presentations, and other digital engagement materials
• Write, design, and create print assets such as, but not limited to, reports, flyers, brochures
• Ensure that Sustain Charlotte’s voice and visual brand is strong across all external channels
• Maximize audience reach and growth and keep up to date on industry standards and changes
• Edit and upload short video clips for various digital platforms
• Maintain an organized archive of all marcom collateral
• Provide administrative and project support as needed to specific events and fundraising campaigns
Qualifications/Required Skill Set:
• 5 or more years experience in at least a mid-level marketing role
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, or work equivalent
• Excellent visual design and typography skills
• Experience designing for web and digital/social media platforms
• Experience with Asana or other project management tools
• Experience with social media ad campaigns
• Experience with HTML, WordPress, and CSS
• Impeccable project management, communication, and writing skills
• An eye for detail and the ability to follow directions and execute on feedback
• Ability to vision, strategize and implement from start to finish with the support of SC’s team
• Experience working with a non-profit organization desired
Timeline and How to Apply:
• The Marketing and Communications Specialist will begin ASAP for a three-month term. Extension possible after the initial contract is fulfilled.
• Hourly rate and hours are negotiable. Per week, we expect a minimum of 25 hours and can offer as high as 40 hours.
• Qualified applicants should email cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. The email subject line should say Marketing and Communications Specialist – [YOUR LAST NAME].
• In your submission email, please let us know specifically where you heard about our job opportunity (e.g., Sustain Charlotte email, personal referral, a specific job website name, etc.).
• Also, submit proposals by including references, a link to a portfolio, and references to companies you have worked with or provided services to.