Founded in 1932, and led by internationally renowned Music Director Christopher Warren-Green, the Charlotte Symphony is the largest arts employer in the region. We employ 58 professional full-time orchestra musicians, serve two diverse youth orchestras, and offer significant educational programming for our communities. Today, we continue as a 21st-century orchestra, responsive to and engaged in the narrative of our community, and opting to employ music as a tool for building community, and as an agent for change.
TITLE: Manager of Marketing
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Marketing and Patron Experience
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
The Manager of Marketing is responsible for executing marketing campaigns and strategies that promote Charlotte Symphony ticketed and community performances, with a focus on retaining, growing, and diversifying the audience. This position works closely with the VP of Marketing and other members of the Marketing team to ensure the overall coordination and execution of marketing and promotional strategies for all Charlotte Symphony concerts.
This position will also manage the season’s marketing plan and promotion strategy with direction of the Vice President of Marketing, and through collaboration with the Marketing team. The Manager of Marketing also aids in the execution of the subscription campaign plan.
This is a full-time position requiring day, evening, and weekend hours.
• Implements advertising and promotional plan for all concerts, including single ticket and subscription sales.
• Manages detailed media plans, including but not limited to print, radio, direct mail, web, and display/outdoor. Places and executes all media buys.
• Monitors and adjusts advertising strategy as necessary to maximize ticket sales. Utilizes sales data from AudienceView to identify sales trends, challenges, and opportunities.
• Works with Visual Communications Manager in the creation and implementation of all necessary performance or event-related advertising needs.
• Works with Senior Manager of Digital Marketing on cohesive execution of concert promotional plans across all platforms.
• Works closely with VP and marketing team to test ideas for building audiences, including targeted audiences, likely purchasers, and season-specific promotions.
• Monitors trends and developments in marketing and the non-profit arts sector and incorporates those trends into CSO campaigns appropriately.
• Regularly attends CSO concerts and events with shared concert duty responsibilities across the Marketing team.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related fields and a minimum of 3-5 years marketing experience, preferably in the arts sector, ideally with a performing arts institution. A passion for classical music is a plus.
• Ability to write routine reports using sales data and Excel.
• Ability to utilize data collection tools and other technology to inform marketing and sales strategies.
• Flexibility and ability to balance multiple projects and be accountable for meeting tight deadlines.
• Strong proofreading skills for marketing materials and copy.
• Excel spreadsheet experience; working knowledge of Microsoft Office software; ability to quickly learn and use new software; ticketing database software experience is a plus.
• Commitment to team building, valuing diversity, and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Charlotte Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.