Charlotte Country Day School, an independent coeducational day school located in Charlotte, NC, is currently recruiting for an assistant varsity or head junior varsity coach for the fall 2021 season. This is a part-time, seasonal position beginning in early August and running through late October. The daily work schedule for each position will vary slightly according to specific team practice and competition schedules, but will generally be focused on a 3-6pm time slot, Monday-Friday.
- Supervision and instruction of student-athletes during all team activities
- Maintenance and inventory of team equipment and apparel
- Regular communication with team parents and athletics program staff regarding team activities
- Attendance at required team and interscholastic athletics program meetings
- Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes
- Promotion of balanced achievement in all areas of school life for student-athletes
- Compliance with all Charlotte Country Day School, North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association, Charlotte Independent Schools Athletic Association, and Greater Charlotte Middle School Athletic Association policies and procedures.
Successful candidates must be available for all practices and competitions during the coaching season. Experience coaching at some level is preferred, but not required. Additionally, candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and must possess or obtain prior to the start of their season current First Aid and CPR certification.
Interested candidates should complete an application (including resume and cover letter) through the school’s online application system at www.charlottecountryday.org/employment. Direct email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Charlotte Country Day School will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Country Day does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.