For a position to begin in July 2021, Country Day is seeking an experienced and engaging athletic administrator with excellent administrative and leadership skills. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented administrator who is eager to play a key role as a member of the senior leadership team at this first‐rate JK‐ 12 independent school. The school’s leadership team–12 senior administrators and the Board of Trustees–is a stable and well‐functioning group that continues to move the school forward with energy and resolve. Additionally, the parent body is actively involved in the life of the school building community.
The ideal candidate will offer most or all of the following qualifications and qualities:
- Solid academic credentials, including an advanced degree, coupled with evidence of a commitment to lifelong learning.
- A strong record of success in, and commitment to athletics and school administration. • Knowledge of best practices in athletics and athletic administration.
- Demonstrated skills in the leadership of a large coaching staff.
- Ability and eagerness to play an important school‐wide role as a member of the senior leadership team in a JK‐12 school.
- Appreciation for all extra-curriculars as important components of a well‐rounded education. • Exceptional communication skills.
- Knowledge of and comfort with implementing current technology.
- An experienced and skilled leader who will respect and support professionalism among coaches and trainers.
- A highly visible and engaged leader who understands the importance of supporting student activities and recognizing student achievements.
- A collaborative, consensus‐building leader who actively solicits input, listens well, communicates with inspiration and clarity, and effectively delegates and empowers staff.
- A proponent of thoughtful innovation who has excellent skills in change management. • A proactive leader who is willing to establish and enforce appropriate performance expectations and behavioral boundaries for students, parents, and faculty.
- Intelligent, reflective, and well spoken.
- Unpretentious, genuine, and personable.
- An exemplary role model for both students and adults.
- Energetic and eager to engage actively with students and parents.
- Able to make difficult decisions and effectively communicate them to the community.
- Appreciation for diversity and committed to the goal of maintaining an authentic, inclusive community.
HOW TO APPLY
Charlotte Country Day School has engaged The Finney Search Group to lead the search for our next Athletic Director. All interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to: https://www.thefinneysearchgroup.com/charlottecountryday-ad-application.
Applications sent directly to the school will not be considered.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021