The Director of Memberships and Programs will be responsible for executing and managing all administrative membership responsibilities, including membership and sponsorship financials. This position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s membership. The position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. The Director of Memberships and Programs will report directly to the Executive Director and will interact with the Board of Directors. This is a full time salary position.
- Provide support to the Executive Director (ED) as needed, including data entry, management and reporting to support membership recruitment and retention.
- Responsible for daily functions such as answering phones, handling mail, bank deposits and provide customer service.
- Responsible for coordinating membership activities with the Committee Chair
- Develop and prepare reports and presentations to support membership recruitment and retention process
- Attend regular meetings with ED around fiscal planning to meet goals
- Recruit, train and supervise office and events volunteers as needed.
Main Organizational Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage organization’s daily functions, including interaction with LACCC Members, sponsors and strategic partners. Reports outcome to ED weekly.
- Responsible for prospecting and recruiting new members to LACCC, developing retention strategies in order to yield increase in membership based on current financials, projections and goals. Responsible for recruiting participants to educational programs. Works closely with ED to create success metrics.
- Manages and monitors LACCC membership Accounts Receivables through the use of LACCC’s ChamberMaster system. Directly involved in membership and sponsorship invoicing along with LACCC’s accountant and ED.
- Supports ED in fundraising activities with database maintenance, presentations, and customization of LACCC sponsorship packages as needed.
- Supports ED in identifying volunteers and outsourcing capabilities when necessary.
- Attends all LACCC activities/program functions in collaboration with ED
- Assists ED with supporting materials when providing reports to Board of Directors, sponsors, members, or strategic partners.
- Engages in community outreach and represents the LACCC as needed.
- Willingness to work before and after hours, and occasional LACCC weekend events and activities. Estimated travel for event management locally about 15%
- Fluency and above average communication skills in English and Spanish
- Basic bookkeeping/ accounting knowledge
- Demonstrates leadership and vision in managing staff, groups and major projects or initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Excels at operating in a fast paced environment and can work with little supervision
- Four year degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, business administration, non-profit management, organizational development, public relations, sociology, journalism, international business and other related careers preferred.
- Minimum of 5-year work experience in the county and eligible legally to work in the US.
- Understanding of non-profits, chambers, and/or foundation culture and dynamics a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to type 40 words per minute.