The Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office is looking to hire entry-level Detention Officers and Deputy Sheriffs.
Starting hourly Pay from $18.50 to $21.28
Salary Incentives (Up to 15% on top of base rate)
Prior Law Enforcement Experience / Military Experience
VA-Montgomery GI Bill Apprenticeship Program
Bi-Lingual / Education Incentives
5% for an Associate degree in an approved field of study
10% for a bachelor’s degree in an approved field of study
Detention Officers Candidates are responsible for the direct supervision of inmates. Specific duties to include monitoring visitations, maintaining computerized log entries, transporting inmates and preparing reports as necessary.
- Candidate must have a High School Diploma, or G.E.D. equivalence.
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving history.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screening and complete medical examination by a licensed physician, including psychological testing and evaluation.
- Candidate must 21 years of age prior to hire date.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidate must be able to pass our agency physical fitness and comprehension test.
- Candidate must a clean criminal record to include no felony convictions.
- Candidate must not have had a DWI conviction within the past five years.
- Candidate must have Honorable Military Discharge.
Applications are accepted online.
If you are unable to apply online; you may complete a screening over the phone: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm at 800-400-8500. For more information about the monthly process, Recruitment personnel can be reached at 800-400-8500 during normal business hours Mon-FRI 8AM-5PM or by visiting www.mecksheriff.com/careers.
We are committed to hiring individuals who will represent the Sheriff’s Office with integrity and professionalism.