Reports To: Executive Director
Hourly up to 20-25 hours per week. Tuesday through Saturday. Occasional holidays or after hours/weekend work.
The custodian provides the cleaning required to maintain the facilities on the Wing Haven property some of which are historic. This role plays a key part in the visitor experience and overall impression of Wing Haven as a destination. This position also supports the setup and breakdown for events and rentals on the campus.
- Keeps all buildings clean and in an orderly condition.
- Performs routine maintenance activities that does not require a licensed subcontractor ● Performs heavy cleaning duties to include – sweeping, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming. Additionally cleans and maintains windows, mirrors.
- Gathers and empties recycling and trash into large bins.
- Scrubs, sanitizes, and supplies all restroom facilities.
- Mixes environmentally friendly cleaning solutions in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power machinery to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Cleans and polishes fixtures and furniture.
- Notify supervisor when carpets need to be steam cleaned.
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies. Works with office manager to order supplies. ● Drives Wing Haven van as required to perform cleaning work or pick up supplies. ● Notifies managers regarding the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Performs small maintenance tasks on campus as needed.
- Knowledge of environmentally friendly cleaning practices and procedures ● Ability to stand, walk, and bend for many hours
- Ability to perform repetitive motion for long periods of time
- Experience with using cleaning equipment, including vacuum cleaners, mops, and cleaning solutions
- Background in handling, mixing, and using cleaning chemicals
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules
- Communication skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders and work at particular heights
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Flexibility to work some evenings and event weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Must be able to serve all guests equally regardless of their age, disability, national origin, religious belief, veteran status, race/color, genetic information, marital status, gender identity and/or sexual orientation
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
Send resume and cover letter to: Wing Haven, att: Custodian Position, 260 Ridgewood Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28209 or apply online firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by June 15,2021