Digi-Bridge works to bridge the digital divide in Charlotte by providing hands-on STEAM coursework for K-8th grade scholars, hard-ware agnostic tech consultancy to local schools, and advocating for digital equity through community action. Since 2015, Digi-Bridge has been providing K-8 scholars throughout Mecklenburg County with STEAM learning experience serving more than 15,000 students and twenty partner schools.
Digi-Bridge’s Community Programs Manager will oversee the following programs:
● Digi-Bridge’s community partnership work (Lead)
● The Lab at Innovation Alley community programming (Lead)
● Partner organization collaboration (Lead)
● STEAMLab (Support)
● Robotics and Programming initiative (Support)
● Curriculum development as it relates to the above programs (Lead)
● Special Events (Co-lead)
This position will require in-person work at various locations (pending health guidelines) and many functions may not be performed remotely. This position reports to the CEO. This position must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to starting the position.
● Digi-Bridge’s premier school-based program, STEAMLab, matches students to opportunities to explore, tinker and create through out of school time hands-on STEAM based instruction. This program will occur in person unless we receive a different school district directive.
● In 2019, Digi-Bridge launched a multi-site programming and robotics initiative. Currently, we are relaunching the program after a pause due to COVID to serve schools and community teams.
● Digi-Bridge’s work extends well past four walls and deep into communities to meet students where they are. We work with community partners to advance the goals of the organization to expose students to STEAM topics through after school clubs, neighborhood initiatives, and summer camps and more.
● Digi-Bridge has an earned revenue initiative offering courses in our programming space, Innovation Alley, and in the community. We provide facilitation, content, and experiences for a fee in the community through a variety of outreach opportunities year-round.
Digi-Bridge develops its own curriculum called “Digi-Bins” to be implemented across program sites. Additionally, we create STEAM experience lessons to be used at community and fee for service sites. We create and update curriculum based on student interest, science standards, industry expertise, and feedback. Topics of curriculum range from robotics, 3D designing and printing, body systems, aerospace, physical science and more. Since COVID-19, we have deployed STEAM kits into the community and created several content experiences for students.
Digi-Bridge needs a qualified individual to lead community-focused programming efforts and support other programming functions of the organization.
Duties include but are not limited to: ● Community Partnership Work:
o Develop and oversee our community partnership initiative, ensuring that all programs have the support and resources needed to succeed
o Build relationships with community partnership organizations through our updated onboarding and program offering framework
o Recruit, hire, and train teachers on implementing Digi-Bridge programs with community partners
o Manage budgets to ensure program responsibility and efficiency
o Set and attain program growth and revenue goals
o Delegate program needs as to Operations Coordinator and office staff o Facilitate lessons as needed
● Innovation Alley Programming:
o Develop and oversee Innovation Alley programming starting at the ground up
o Recruit, hire, and train teachers on Digi-Bridge curriculum
o Oversee staffing schedule
o Assist with marketing and communications to ensure programs are well attended
o Oversee financial assistance requests and allocate funding
o Create curriculum experiences in line with student interest and Digi-Bridge expertise o Manage budgets to ensure program responsibility and efficiency
o Develop and meet revenue and growth goals to ensure program sustainability
o Be present in the Charlotte community for student recruitment efforts
o Facilitate lessons as needed
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deem necessary.
Experience and Skills Necessary:
● BA or BS degree
● At least two (2) years in K-12 education, community partnerships and/or program management
● Background in education or related field preferred
● Knowledge of and experience in working with the Charlotte nonprofit community a plus
● Experience in developing STEAM learning experiences would make for a standout candidate
● Excellent organizational skills
● Excellent customer service skills
● Willingness to rethink traditional pedagogy
● Attentiveness to the needs of 21st century learners
● Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
● Strong computer skills
The ideal candidate is comfortable:
● Setting an audacious vision for the future and working towards fulfillment
● Building a program while delivering it
● Comfortable with working outside of a job description as the organization pivots and grows
● Selling a vision
● Leading laterally
● Interacting with many different Digi-Bridge stakeholders – public, parents, children, teachers, nonprofit
● Overseeing the development of high-quality learning modules
● Working nontraditional hours as the job requires
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to life and/or move up to 50 lbs. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position. Salary range is $45,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience, qualifications and skills. Digi-Bridge offers a supplementary stipend for benefits in addition to paid, vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
Digi-Bridge will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity.
To apply, please send your resume and a tweet length (140 characters) introduction to Alyssa Sharpe, firstname.lastname@example.org.