Summary: The Mecklenburg County ABC Board seeks a talented professional to join our team in the position of Community Outreach Coordinator. This position will play a key role in providing a wide range of engagement and administrative duties that help deliver community outreach efforts which enhance, elevate, and protect the company’s identity and reputation.
Work is performed under the supervision of the Community Outreach Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigates customer complaints and inquiries. Assists Community Outreach Director with addressing customer complaint resolution
- Assists with design, coordination, conducting and reporting follow-up of open forums and focus groups for customer’s and citizens to provide feedback on their experience with Board and recommendations for improvement with the organization
- Provide administrative support for customer experience activities
- Assist with researching, securing, planning, promoting and overseeing logistics for employee volunteering opportunity events. Prepare reports on volunteering results
- Assists with employee Social Committee activities and communication efforts to drive continual employee engagement
- Provides administrative assistance of grant program, including process coordination, responding to general inquiries, site-visits, reports, analysis of grant funds and processing of reimbursement requests
- Update and maintain grant files and forms and compliance related correspondence for each cycle
- Assists with pre and post grant management workshops
- Updates and maintains company website including web content and new web page development on a regular basis
- Manage digital and physical archives of marketing, branding and communication files, including media lists, press clips, marketing collaterals and historical items etc.
- Responsible for securing and coordinating vendor’s products and services
- Update and maintain department policy and procedure manuals
- Develop clear, concise and engaging content messaging for social media, video scripts, print materials website, blogs, email campaigns, etc.
- Distribute content that educates our audience and supports organizational goals
- Assist with designing/writing/copy-editing/distributing a wide range of communication materials including, but not limited to, weekly and quarterly newsletters, annual report, Retail Radio TV and Audio spots (in-store messaging) publication articles, blog sports, social media posts, video scripts, website content, press releases, fact sheets, media pitches, presentation and talking points meant to increase the Board’s visibility and community outreach positioning and enhance the public’s perception of the organization
- Assists in identifying opportunities & implementing plans to provide exposure for the Board through community events, partnerships, educational activities and the media
- Responsible for building social media profiles and presence, regular social content posting and monitoring, engagement, growth, search engine optimization, as well as reputation management and social listening tools
- Uses analytic tools to effectively monitor, track measure, and report results of the effectiveness of communication channels and activities to recommend and implement improvements
- Engages in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate, including Twitter, LinkedIn and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Maintain a social media program and content calendar to stimulate traffic, brand awareness and develop brand loyalty
- Assist with the creation of monthly content that can be adapted for various marketing channels, specifically social media platforms
- Regularly provide feedback on insights gained from social media monitoring using analytic tools to effectively monitor, track and report results
- Optimize content for search
- Use alerts, search and other tools to monitor for mentions
- Continuously maintain key databases and digital platform system
Minimum Qualifications: Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, or equivalent combination of education and preferably with 2-4 years’ experience.
KSA’s: General knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques in the fields of business administration, journalism; corporate, municipal, or organizational communications; public relations; and/or marketing communications. Excellent content creation and social media skills.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality of work-related issues, including but not limited to customer, employee and Mecklenburg County ABC Board information and records
- Passion for exceeding customer expectations and making the customer experience central to the organization
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Ability to learn new programs independently and quickly
- Problem solving skills, able to independently research to find solutions to problems
- A strong understanding of traditional media and the social media landscape
- Experience with online communications tools, including Email Campaigns, Google +, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Proficient with web content management, web-based design applications, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, database and desktop publishing applications
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Inventive, creative writer/editor with the ability to write for multiple types of audiences in appropriate tone and motivate people and inspire consumer action
- Excellent written, proofreading, fact checking and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take direction
- Other duties may be assigned
Physical Demands: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must possess valid driver’s license with no restrictions on days/hours of vehicle operation.
Salary Range: $25-$27/hour
- The successful candidate can expect to work around 35 hours per week.
- Telework option is available.
Mecklenburg County ABC Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates in adherence with all applicable state and federal wage employment laws/regulations.