TITLE: Associate, Investments Division
REPORTS TO: Managing Director, Head of Fund Raising – Investments Division
Participates in many aspects of capital raising. Teams with Managing Director, Investments with fund raising efforts, prospect database management and setting prospect appointments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key member of the team in capital raising efforts.
• Assists with sales and marketing aspects of Investment division to increase prospect list and convert to investors.
• Creates and maintains prospect database. Effectively utilizes database software.
• Sets meetings through outbound emails and extensive phone calls with known prospects.
• Organizes, tracks, and coordinates sales appointments meetings, and follow-up activities utilizing Outlook, Teams, and other calendar-management and virtual software programs.
• Handles a high volume of emails and written communication, effectively and frequently doing mail-merges.
• Organizes and conducts meetings with small investors, effectively articulating our company story to elicit fund participation.
• Works with marketing team to provide effective marketing materials for fund raising, including investment marketing packages and emails.
• Assists with marketing and RFP (request-for-proposal) processes.
• Effectively works with other team members to coordinate fund-raising activities.
• Communicates very clearly through written, oral, and video avenues; an articulate and professional speaker and writer.
• Displays passion for the real estate industry and conveys that passion when discussing the company story to investors.
• Displays strong work ethic and desire to help entire team achieve its fund-raising goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
• Two to Five years’ experience in real estate, preferably fund raising in a for-profit corporate setting.
• Sales and marketing experience preferred, including cold-calling and prospect follow-up and maintenance.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, and internet research required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to work in an office or remote setting.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Occasionally moves about to coordinate work.
• Has reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.