ABOVE AND BEYOND STUDENTS
21st Century Community Learning Center
Job Description Teacher I Tutor
Position Summary: Responsible for facilitating classroom instruction that provides students with engaging and challenging learning opportunities, promote academic achievement.
Coordinate academic activities to align with NC Common Core Standards.
Reports to: Lead Teacher/Site Coordinator
Requirements: The applicant must be at least 21 years of age and have one or more of the following:
1. A valid Certified Teaching, Masters or four (4) year degree with emphasis on Education, English, Science or Mathematics or other approved major with at least 2 years’ experience working with youth.
2. Associates degree must have at least three (3) or more years’ experience working with school age children. Certified Teaching Assistants must have 2 years or more of experience
3. Effectively plan and deliver hands-on instructional activities based on Common Core Standards and district standards
4. Plan structured and supervised hands on activities enabling students to achieve academic success.
5. Manage/maintain materials and equipment of the program in the designated area(s).
6. Organize and or supervise se afternoon snacks.
7. Organize and supervise students on field trips and engage students in learning opportunities before, during and after field tri ps.
8. Account for an accurate daily y attendance record of each student.
9. Assist students with homework during the homework block.
10. Provide tutorials in math and reading as well as monitor online lessons
11. Assist with recruitment and retention of student participation in activities.
12. Assist coordinator in managing student interventions.
13. Participate in staff development activities, as well as lead staff development as needed.
14. Help organize, lead and attend monthly parent workshop.
15. Communicate/collaborate with parents, regular day school staff and collaborative partnerships when given the opportunity
16. Help ensure students are in a safe and orderly environment.
17. Assist enrichment contractors during club time by monitoring student’s engagement and behavior.
18. Other assignments as assigned by the Lead Teacher/Site Coordinator or Program Director.
Pay: Pay range is $15.00 -$20.00 depending on Experience, Certifications and Site location
Pay Cycle: Paid bi-monthly via direct deposit on the 15th and 30th of each month.