This position serves as a source of support for the executive office and is responsible for assisting the Executive Assistant with external and internal administrative deliverables. Core responsibilities include administrative and special project support for the Executive Office, managing day-to-day tasks that keep the Executive office running smoothly, and working collaboratively with Executive Assistant to manage the President/CEO’s work. This role requires strong organizational and time management skills, as well as flexibility and adaptability within a fast-paced and demanding environment.
This position is part-time, 30 hours a week, Monday-Friday, 8am-2:30pm (includes a required 30-minute lunch). This position is required to be in the office. Flexibility to work from home or shift hours occasionally is possible with coordination with the Executive Assistant.
Shared Duties with the Executive Assistant
• Ensure the effective operation of the President’s office including the confidential handling of all communications and gracious representation of the President and the Foundation to a variety of constituents.
• Working knowledge of the Foundation’s organizations, services, and civic initiatives.
• Regularly required to resolve complex administrative problems independently. Perform tasks that are diverse and advances, usually with deadline pressures.
• Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence. Receive incoming calls to the President/CEO office, respond to inquiries and make referrals as appropriate.
• Greet guests and visitors to Executive Offices.
• Ensure that the President/CEO is prepared for meetings both internally and externally.
• Provide research and support for projects as needed.
• Plan and manage Executive and Leadership Team meetings/retreats.
• Work with other Executive and Administrative Assistants on internal communications and scheduling.
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
• Create, organize, and maintain materials and files for current and ongoing projects.
• Monitors budgets for special projects including tracking revenue/expenses and reporting.
• Work with accounts payable to process invoices when needed.
• Purchases and maintains inventory of supplies for the Executive Office.
• Maintain Executive Office subscription records and submit payment requests for dues/renewals.
• Update and maintain contact information and important client meeting details/follow-up in the Foundation’s Raiser’s Edge database.
• Update and maintain business contact information for President/CEO within MS Outlook.
• Handle all logistical needs for meetings, including room reservations, catering, technology, conference call set-ups, etc.
• Pick-up/sort incoming mail on a daily basis.
• Manage special projects that involve the President/CEO, both internally and externally with other non-profit organizations, civic leaders, top executives and donors.
• Manage process for agenda, memos and presentation updates for Governing Board and Committees.
• Serve as the President/CEO’s administrative liaison to the Foundation’s Governing Board in conjunction with the Executive Assistant.
• Manage Governing Board meeting logistics and field general inquiries from Board Members.
• Arrange domestic and international travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
• Prepare monthly expense reports for the Executive Office.
• Responsible for sourcing, purchasing and sending all gifts associated with the Executive Office.
• Learn and provide back-up to the Executive Assistant of the following: calendar management, inbox management, daily schedule prep, and other general business of all President/CEO internal responsibilities, external responsibilities, civic community work and committee involvement.
• Serve as backup to the reception coverage team as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• College education preferred or equivalent professional administrative experience.
• At least 3 years of experience as an executive assistant to a senior level manager.
• Experience with and comfortable interacting with C-suite executives.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
• Superior computer skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong PowerPoint and presentation development skills.
• Initiator who is conscientious, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
• Customer service oriented.
• Positive attitude, tactful, punctual and team-oriented.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively with others.
• Personally committed to high quality work.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
• General ability to perform the essential functions and overall physical and mental requirements of this position, including stamina to perform tasks over extended periods and ability to occasionally move about to accomplish tasks or move from one worksite and/or workstation to another.