On September 17, 2019 at 6pm Eastern, Bunk 57 Ministries will participate in the nation’s Inaugural National Day of Reconciliation by hosting a screening of A.J. Ali & Errol Webber’s award winning documentary, “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer” at Tate Hall, CPCC on 1206 Elizabeth Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28204.
For two years now, the film, “WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer”, has been transforming hearts and minds in more than 20 states. On September 17th, we’ll begin to put L.O.V.E. into action in communities nationwide with a screening of the film, healing discussions and action plans.
WHAT WILL THE NATIONAL DAY OF RECONCILIATION INCLUDE?
1. A nationally-synced screening of our healing, educational film "WALKING WHILE BLACK: L.O.V.E. Is The Answer” will take place at the same time in theaters, ministries, schools and other locations throughout the U.S. at 3 pm Pacific and 6 pm Eastern.
2. Immediately following the film screening, A.J. Ali will stream a 5-10 minute talk into all of the venues via Facebook Live from the main event in Columbia, Maryland, giving instructions for next steps.
3. Local discussions about the film and about reconciliation including 3 ways the audience can put the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer principles into action in their community:
1. Police and community members (high school age and above) build and maintain a L.O.V.E. Is The Answer children’s educational garden together http://loveistheanswermovement.com/lovegarden/ to teach middle and elementary school children about gardening and life. Deep-rooted, fruitful relationships will result from the gardens.
2. Adults form mentoring circles around young people and formerly incarcerated people to act as their personal advisory board for personal and professional growth.
3. Adults give of their time, talents and treasures to support police-sponsored youth development nonprofits such as local chapters of nationally known groups like Police Athletic/Activities Leagues (https://www.nationalpal.org/) and localized efforts like Project Pneuma (https://www.projectpneuma.org/).
4. In closing, participants nationwide will be asked to take the L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Pledge and live it out in their community. The L.O.V.E. Is The Answer Pledge goes as follows: I pledge to LEARN about the people in my community, to unconditionally OPEN my heart to their needs as if they were all immediate family members, to VOLUNTEER to be part of the solution in their life during both good and challenging times, and to EMPOWER everyone I meet to do the same as if our lives depended on each other.
Learn more at http://loveistheanswermovement.com/national-day-of-reconciliation/
About Bunk 57 Ministries
Our vision is to divert youth from the school to prison pipeline, redeem family structure and dignity to returning citizens and influence positive perspectives.
Bunk 57 Ministries advances public safety and successful re-entry using faith-based practices through education, training, and discipleship.
For more information:
Ira Lawrence, Founder of Bunk 57 Ministries
For more information on Bunk 57 Ministries: