Celebrate the Queens of Soul with the iconic music of Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, and more! Get tickets for October 21 & 22.
Wondering what to do this weekend? This list is your guide to Charlotte’s weekend event scene. Checkout a few fun things to do below:
- Hip Hop Fridays w/ Power 98 (Fri): HIVE Nightclub hosts Charlotte’s Power 98 and hip hop hits.
- R&B Rebels at Red@28th (Sat): A vibe filled with music from R&B “rebels” like Bobby Brown, Rihanna, and Prince.
- Pulse of the City Saturdays (Sat): University’s The Press Box hosts an urban, upscale party scene
? Food and Drink
- BayHaven Food & Wine Festival (Fri, Sat, Sun): Nearly 100 Black chefs and mixologists will highlight Black food and culture
- Let’s Parlare Together (Sat): Meet the creator of black owned brand Parlare Wines by Chrissy while mingling with other business owners and enjoying small bites.
- University City WineFest (Sat): Live music with unlimited sampling of wines, ciders, and craft beers.
? Homecoming & Culture
- UNCC Greek Stroll Competition (Fri): UNCC’s Black greek-letter orgs compete to see who strolls the best.
- A Vibe Called Fresh (Sat): This free homecoming celebration has skating, skate rentals, food, and art.
- One Big Day Party (Sat): A day party celebration of JCSU’s homecoming at Tattooz & Booz Uptown.
- JCSU Homecoming Football Game (Sat): The Golden Bulls face off against the Fayetteville State Broncos