Wondering what to do this weekend? This list is your guide to Charlotte’s weekend event scene. Checkout a few fun things to do below:
? Arts, Music, Culture
- Actors from the London Stage (Thu): Renowned touring group of five brings Macbeth to life at Blackbox Theater
- Sip & See at the Gallery (Fri): Enjoy wine and take in African art from all over the continent.
- Tiwa Savage Live in Charlotte (Sat): Catch popular Afrobeats songstress Tiwa Savage at her first performance in the Queen City.
- I Am Queen Charlotte (Sat): Hear live stories from Black women with stunning visuals and sounds.
- Charlotte R&B Music Experience (Sun): Monica, Tamar Braxton, 112, H-Town, Tevin Campbell, and Next hit the stage for a night of r&b at Spectrum Center.
? Food and Drink
- Tabitha Brown Cooking from the Spirit Tour (Sat): Celebrate the recipes and experiences shared in Brown’s first cookbook.
- Brunch + Beats (Sat): Brunch, mimosas, and Afrobeats come together at Lagz Restaurant and Bar.
- R&B With Soul Karaoke Food Tour (Sun): Sing and eat your way through Charlotte’s best soul food spots.
- Charlotte Chalk Art Festival (Sat, Sun): See street chalk art come to life.
- Disney on Ice (Thu-Sun): See Frozen and Encanto performed by the Disney On Ice cast.
- The Woman King (Thu-Sun): History, woman power, and awesome action scenes are currently playing at local theaters. It’s PG-13.
- Charlotte Renaissance Festival (Sun): History comes alive in this outdoor, family fun adventure.
? Alternative Stay-at-Home Ideas
The Queen City could be in some seriously heavy rain this weekend due to Hurricane Ian. If that happens and the listed events are cancelled or postponed, here are a few recommendations for a day indoors.
- Binge watch Abbott Elementary: Laugh through the entire first season now streaming on Hulu.
- Try a family-friendly science experiment: Bring the science of the North Carolina Zoo into your home with one of these experiments.
- Get moving with MixxedFit : This local dance fitness instructor streamed workouts during the 2020 lockdown that are still fun today.
- Try a new tv show: Check out a recommendation from Netflix’s Strong Black Lead.