Wondering what to do this weekend? This list is your guide to Charlotte’s weekend event scene. Checkout a few fun things to do below:
? Food and Drink
- World-wide Wine Tour (Sun): Enjoy the spirit of wine paired with cheese, meats and fruits.
- Charlotte International Jerk Festival (Sat): Get a taste of the Caribbean at the 6th Annual Charlotte International Jerk Festival.
- Charlotte Mimosa Bar Crawl (Sun): Spend your Sunday treating your tastebuds to a variety of mimosas.
? Arts and Culture
- Sidney Screening at the Independent Picture House (Fri-Sun): Check out this documentary detailing the life of the eminent Sidney Poitier.
- International Slam Invitational (Sat): Renowned wordsmiths will battle word-for-word in this epic poetry competition.
- The Woman King Private Screening (Sat): Connect with other Charlotteans at a private screening of the new hit film starring Academy Award-winner Viola Davis.
- Jazz at the Gantt (Sat): Catch Anthony Wonsey Quintet with Wallace Roney Jr. at the Gantt Center for an evening of jazz.
- Mental Health Summit (Fri): Your mental and emotional health are important! This summit will provide tools to cope with grief and loss.
- Party in the Park (Sun): Live music, artist demonstrations, food trucks, and free admission are happening at Mint Museum – Randolph.
- Potters Market at the Mint (Sat): Grab some high-quality ceramic pieces to decorate your home with.
- Oktoberfest (Fri): Celebrate the start of the weekend with craft beers, wines, ciders and other alcoholic beverages.
- 75th Season Family Festival | Kids Out and About Charlotte (Sat): Have fun with the whole family and enjoy performances, balloon twisting, food trucks and more.
- Fall South End Wine & Hops Festival (Sat): Taste wine at this laid-back, fun event.
- No Filter Coffee Fest (Sun): Spend the whole day tasting coffee from three dozen Southeast coffee roasters.
- Sunset Kayak Tour (Fri): Unwind from the work week by rowing over Lake Haigler with serenity and beautiful views included.
- Dancing In The Park (Sat): Get your blood pumping at a dance work out in Freedom Park.
- Farm to Fork Picnic in the Garden (Sun): Delight in quick bites or a delicious drink while strolling through the beautiful Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden.