August already? Someone pinch me.
One good thing about the year flying by so quickly is that it’s once again time for National Night Out.
This annual community-building campaign aims to strengthen the relationship between law enforcement and neighborhoods.
The events kick off on the first Tuesday of August and will take place all over Charlotte.
From Five Points Plaza to North End to Indian Trail, attendees can enjoy food, music and a magic show.
Check out this list to see where you can celebrate and what activities will happen around the Queen City. See more event picks below.
- Cocktails in the Garden: Treat yourself to a fancy evening with cocktails and garden scenery.
- Speed Date Single Mixer Spades Tournament: Show off your Spades skills and maybe meet that special someone in this tournament.
- Kendrick Lamar: The Big Steppers Tour: Catch 14-time Grammy award winner Kendrick Lamar live at the Spectrum.
- Fun and Flirty Comedy Show: Be a part of the first Fun and Flirty Comedy Show at Petty Thieve’s brewery.
- Cookout Summer Shootout: Champions Night: Head to the Charlotte Speedway to watch up-and-coming racers go head to head. Stay tuned for fireworks afterward.
- Tour of the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture: Enjoy a guided tour of the Gantt Center with the Social Sciences and Humanities Community
- Wine Wednesday: Grab some friends or fly solo when you make your own terrarium and enjoy a glass of wine.
- North Mecklenburg Farmers Market: Shop for various products from local vendors.
- Tipsy Trivia at the Tipsy Burro: Put your knowledge to the test while and try to win some prizes.
- Queen City’s Black Legacy Tour: Spend an early afternoon learning about the impact of Black heritage on Uptown Charlotte.
- Gladys Knight: See the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Famer live at the Oven’s Auditorium.
- David A. Arnold at The Comedy Zone: See the 20-year stand-up comedy veteran live at the comedy zone.
- Funny Bus Comedy City Tour: Take a comical tour of Queen City and have some laughs as you learn Charlotte’s history.
- Sofar Sounds Charlotte Concert: Discover three artists in the NoDa area at this live, laid-back concert.
- The Songs of Baby Face: Enjoy live performances from some of Carolina’s homegrown jazz talents.