According to a presentation shared by the county, Mecklenburg is now in the implementation stage of its Housing and Homelessness Strategy.
The presentation lists the following goals:
- address historical and structural inequities
- expand access and availability of inventory and resources
- coordinate systems to ensure they are easy to navigate
- change the system to sustain long-term impact.
On July 1, the county began its contract with United Way, with $777,938 allocated from the recently approved fiscal year 2023 budget.
The next step is to begin recruitment for the technical committee and advisory council.
What do they do?
- Advisory council: Headed by the faith community and the corporate sector, the council will provide “guidance and direction” to improve community engagement.
- Technical Committee: Led by “subject matter experts,” the committee will offer feedback as the plan is developed and executed