Today’s cup poured by:
April wasted no time in delivering its showers. This weekend promises clearer skies but cooler temps.
With Charlotte SHOUT! in town through April 17, there’s no excuse to sit at home.
Our reporter Jalon Hill has curated 12 SHOUT! events he thinks you might enjoy.
One thing I’m looking forward to: watching street artists create their works in real-time.
Correction: The Leah & Louise Fish Fry Lunch with chef Ashleigh Shanti is on April 15, and the six-course dinner is on April 18. They are not the same event. Apologies for this error.
Our Weekend Picks
- Big Chief Donald Harrison Jr. Quintet (Fri): This New Orleans saxophonist will be performing at the Jazz Room.
- All-Star Jazz Youth Ensemble (Sat): JazzArts Charlotte presents its Youth-Allstars at Victoria Yards.
- Red Dubby Outdoors (Sat): Bring your lawn chair to this event where you can listen to Reggae music and dine from food trucks.
- South By South End Music Festival (Sat): Head to South End for a day of live music featuring local Charlotte bands.
- Be a Lion: Musical and Talkback (Sat): This sequel to “The Wiz” will highlight courageous figures like Harriet Tubman and Martin Luther King Jr.
- Boney James: Solid Tour (Sun): Listen to this four-time Grammy nominee live at Knight Theater, presented by Blumenthal Performing Arts and The Soul Kitchen.
- Pandora Presents Disney Princess: The Concert (Sun): Experience classic Disney princess songs live on stage, some performed by the original voice actors for characters like Belle, Jasmine and Ariel.
Theater and Dance:
- Opera Carolina: Aida (Sat): See the tragic love story of a princess and a general unfold on stage.
- QCity Stand-up (Fri): This interactive improv comedy theater has run for 21 years.
- Dixie Longate: Cherry Bombs & Bottle Rockets (Sat): See the first stand-up show from writer Dixie Longate.
- Shrek: The Musical (Fri): See the classic children’s film come to life on stage.
- Kids n’ Teenz Juiice and Paint (Sun): Kids and teens can get step-by-step guidance in creating art while having juice and snacks.
- Friday Night Popup at D9 Lake Norman (Fri): Shop from small, local business owners at this pop-up market.
- Barkfest (Sat): Shop from local businesses that offer products and services aimed at caring for pets.
- Second Sundays Vendor Market at Buzzed Viking (Sun): Shop from local artists.
Note: Visit our events page for more QCity happenings or to post your own event. Sometimes the events we post get rescheduled, changed or canceled. We suggest you check before you go.
12 Charlotte SHOUT! events to see, hear and enjoy
Charlotte SHOUT! continues this weekend with music and art-centric events.
QCity Metro reporter Jalon Hill has compiled a list of some he thinks you might enjoy.
Broadway is coming to Charlotte
Blumenthal Performing Arts is pleased to welcome “Waitress” to the intimate 422-seat Booth Playhouse for five weeks, April 19-May 22.
This limited, two-city tour is a treat for Charlotte audiences – a Broadway musical featuring cast members from the original Broadway engagement, up close and personal. After all, everyone deserves a slice of happiness.
Fannie Mae will offer lower financing to developers and landlords who agree to accept rental vouchers. (WFAE)
City Council is nearing a vote on projects that include a $12 million investment in affordable housing. (WCCB)
An arrest warrant concluded that a CMS bus driver paid middle school students $5 to swab the inside of their cheeks for a COVID-19 test. (The Charlotte Observer) ????
Sponsor message from Children’s Theatre of Charlotte
Join Shrek and his lovable sidekick Donkey for a musical adventure. Journey beyond the swamp in this fun-filled story about acceptance and love starting April 8.
Promote Your Event
QCity Metro partners with some of Charlotte’s leading arts & entertainment organizations. Let us help you promote your next event. Email Bethany Lane at email@example.com.