What’s Happening, Charlotte?
Weather: The weekend is looking beautiful, but pull out the jackets and sweaters. Daytime highs in the upper 50s and overnight lows in the 30s.
We’ve got a full page of things to keep you entertained through Sunday. Visit our special Weekend Events Page for the entire listing.
This week’s Editor Picks:
Color Your Perspective
- Zipline and Dine (Fri.): Take in a bird’s eye view of the U.S. National Whitewater Center and end with a chef-curated meal.
- R&B Live (Fri.): Head uptown for live music and open-mic performances.
- African American Male Wellness 5K Run/Walk (Sat.): Charlotteans are lacing up their sneakers to raise awareness about good health, particularly encouraging men to stay active and know their numbers.
- An Evening with Maria Howell (Sat.): The jazz vocalist is the first act at Charlotte’s newest jazz club. Check out our story on the club’s sister concept led by former TV anchor Delano Little.
- Day of the Dead/Día de los Muertos (Sun.): This free, family-friendly event includes food, music, crafts and more in celebration of the Mexican Day of the Dead tradition.
- Jidenna – 85 to Africa Tour (Sun.): The “Classic Man” stops in the QC and blends his African heritage with his hip-hop flare.
If you’re hosting an event, be sure to submit it. It could end up as an Editor’s Pick.
*While we do our best to confirm events, contact event organizers for questions.