The seventh annual FedEx Small Business Grant Contest is now open, and it’s looking for small businesses with unique stories to tell.
This year, the contest offers grants and services to 10 small businesses based in the U.S. Additionally, winners will receive store credit for use toward FedEx Office services, as well as packages designed to help them with website optimization, design thinking, social media, and print expertise.
“We know it’s difficult for even the most promising of small businesses to grow and scale, especially at the beginning of their life cycle,” said Scott Harkins, senior vice president of customer channel marketing at FedEx.
Harkins says beyond the funds, winners will receive “much-needed expertise and advice on some of the most fundamental and critical aspects of building a viable and sustainable business.” Experts will stay with the businesses as advisers.
The contest entry period is open through March 25. Fans can vote for their favorite business through April 1. Winners will be announced on April 29.
What are the prizes?
- One (1) winner will receive $50,000, plus $7,500 in FedEx Office print and business services.
- One (1) winner will receive $30,000, plus $5,000 in FedEx Office print and business services.
- Eight (8) winners will receive $15,000, plus $1,000 in FedEx Office print and business services.
How do I qualify?
- be based in the U.S.
- be a for-profit business
- have less than 99 employees
- have been operating for six months or more
How do I enter?
- visit fedex.com/grantcontest and complete a contest profile
- write a short profile about your business
- upload four photos of your business or product, including your logo
- (optional) submit a 90-second “elevator speech” video
Last year’s contest attracted more than 7,800 small businesses from across the country, with the winning business hailing from Chicago.