The weather this week has been miserable. In fact, this is the 5th wettest autumn on record. The good news, the heavy rains will subside in time for the weekend. The bad news, the freezing temperatures will not. Throw on your winter coat (also donate one to a child in need) and enjoy all the great activities going on.
It’s been a R&B-and-soul-concert kind of week, and it continues this weekend with performances from Tank and Day 26.
There’s some great expos in town as well. The annual Southern Christmas Show is wrapping up, while the Charlotte Auto Show starts today and runs through Sunday.
Keep scrolling and check out this week’s picks below.
Have a great weekend, Charlotte!
(Fri.) — Charlotte Works’ NCWorks career centers, in partnership with N.C. Department of Commerce’s Veterans Services, will host its biannual Veterans, Family and Friends job fair. The free expo is open to the general public, features a complimentary buffet, hourly giveaways and an exclusive portion for veterans and their families.
(Fri.) — The coat drive culminates on Nov. 16 at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille. Swing by from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to join in on a day filled with entertainment, food, games and camaraderie. There will also be appearances by Sir Purr, PurrCussion, Hugo the Hornet, Chubby Checker and Homer the Dragon.
We’ve got a full page of things to keep you entertained Friday through Sunday. Visit our special Weekend Events Page for the full listing.
This week’s Editor Picks:
- Charlotte Auto Show (Thurs. – Sun.) — Experience and test drive more than 300 new vehicles displayed by more than 30 manufacturers under one roof.
- Southern Christmas Show (Thurs. – Sun) — This is the last weekend to visit the largest holiday show in North America. It features more than 450 vendors showcasing the latest gifts, treats, holiday décor and more.
- Tank concert (Thurs.) — R&B artist Tank, who brought you hits like Maybe I Deserve and Please Don’t Go, will be performing live.
- SoulFlo: The Concert Experience – Music, Storytelling and Spoken Word (Fri.) — A blend of live music, storytelling and spoken word with several local artists.
- SlamCharlotte Poetry Slam (Fri.) — Blumenthal Performing Arts’ monthly Poetry Slams are hosted by SlamCharlotte, Charlotte’s three-time national championship team of spoken-word poetry.
- Day 26 concert (Fri.) — Day 26, the R&B group formed by Sean “Diddy” Combs during the reality show Making the Band, will be performing live.
- PurpleStride Charlotte (Sat.) — The Charlotte Affiliate of PanCAN, along with more than 2600 people, will participate in this walk/run to raise awareness about pancreatic cancer.
- An Evening with The Baylor Project (Sat.) — Grammy-nominated jazz-inspired married duo Jean and Marcus Baylor will be performing live.
- Charlotte Hornets vs. Philadelphia 76ers (Sat.) — It was a thrilling one-point overtime loss last time these two teams faced off, but now Philadelphia has acquired all-star guard Jimmy Butler.
If you’re hosting an event, be sure to submit it. It could end up as an Editor’s Pick.