Are we sure its fall yet?
Pumpkin spice lattes may get you in the fall mood, but this weather still screams summer. Since it feels like summer, let’s do something that gives us summertime vibes.
Pedal to Porch is riding into town this weekend. This neighborhood storytelling experience on a bicycle started in Detroit and has now made its way to the QC. We spoke to the creator this summer in preparation for this weekend’s event.
If riding a two-wheeler in this weather is not your thing, say no more. We’ve got more stationary things to keep you entertained Friday though Sunday. Visit our special Weekend Events Page for the full listing.
Civic Leadership Institute (Sat.) — It’s the right time to get informed about how local government operates and be the change you want to see in the community.
African Diaspora Roots of Dance & Music (Sat.) — Many styles of dance and music have African roots. Find your rhythm at this weekly workshop.
This week’s Editor Picks:
- Queen City Music Fest (Thurs.) — It’s truly a Throwback Thursday with RBRM (Ronnie Bobby, Ricky and Mike of New Edition) Dru Hill, Silk and Doug E. Fresh performing live.
- Great Grapes! Wine & Food Festival (Sat.) — Select from hundreds of wines, and eat some great food in Symphony Park.
- Pedal to Porch (Sat.) — Learn about the Five Points neighborhood and its local heroes through a bike ride, and share a meal together. Bring your bike or borrow one for free.
- Carolina Panthers vs New York Giants (Sun.) — After a bye week, the Panthers are back at home against Odell Beckham Jr. and the New York Giants. All eyes will be on the Panthers newly signed, former Pro Bowl safety Eric Reid. A former teammate of Colin Kaepernick, Reid was the first player to join alongside Kaepernick’s protest during the national anthem.
- Tamia: “Passion Like Fire” Tour (Sun.) — The Canadian-born songstress who brought us hits like “Officially Missing You,” “Stranger in my House,” and So into You” is making a tour stop in the Queen City.
If you’re hosting an event, be sure to submit it. It could end up as an Editor’s Pick.