What’s happening, Charlotte?
Anyone in the mood for a good show? If so, you’re in luck – Purlie is coming to town.
Purlie is the tale of traveling preacher, Purlie Victorious Johnson, who returns to his small Georgia town to attempt to save his church during the Jim Crow Era.
With colorful characters, clever punchlines, and upbeat songs throughout, you’re sure to have a wonderful time.
If you can’t catch the show this weekend, no worries. There will be multiple showings this month at various locations throughout the QCity.
Art in the Qcity
Bring a friend and meet some of the QCity’s creative minds at CLT’s Heart and Soul Meetup. Poetry, spoken word, and photography are just a few of the art forms that will be showcased at Romare Bearden Park on Sunday. Hope to see you there.
Have a great weekend,
Friday, May 4
- Angelique and Musical Explosions – A Night of Dynamic R&B and Jazz
- Jiggy with the Piggy
- Dear Black Boy, Book Launch & Signing
- Jazz at the Bechtler: McCoy Tyner’s “Atlantis
Saturday, May 5
- Blacks in the Burbs Mother’s Day Jazz Brunch
- 2018 Queen City Cinco De Mayo Festival
- You Okay, Sis? A Symposium on the Status of Black Women and Girls
- Brown Girls Breaking Glass Ceilings : A Woman’s Empowerment Event with Janine Davis
Sunday, May 6