What’s happening, Charlotte?
It’s been described as a must-do event for parents with young children.
On Saturday, the Harvey B. Gantt Center will host its February installment of Family First, an art-making workshop that provides creative time for families.
Best-selling author Carole Boston Weatherford will be there to read from her book “You Can Fly,” which tells the heroic story of the Tuskegee Airmen in a kid-friendly way.
Afterward, she and her son, Jeffery Boston Weatherford, who illustrated the book, will lead a writing and spoken-word workshop for young people.
Bechtler By Night: Game Night (Friday)
Grab your friends and family and crank up those competitive juices. Challenge others to Bechtler trivia in the lobby, where you can win prizes for showing off your trivia knowledge. More info.
Cupid’s Cup (Saturday)
Presented by Atrium Health’s Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute, this heart-friendly event will benefit cardiac rehabilitation programs at Carolinas HealthCare System Pineville, Carolinas HealthCare System Southpark, and Carolinas HealthCare System Union by providing funding for patient education, outreach, and patient scholarships. More info.
Friday, Feb. 16
• Silent Disco: The Month of Love
• Creative Clay Workshop Series
• The Jazz Room at Stage Door Theater
• Songbridge: Bridging Soul, Jazz and Funk
• The Heart of a Worshiper Dance Conference
• A Marvinlous Jazzy Evening
• The Blackest Weekend Ever and Black Panther Premiere
Saturday, Feb. 17
• The Bride Exclusive Bridal Brunch
• Queen City Black Cultural Explosion
• AfroPop! Charlotte, Vol.19: The Black Panther Party
• Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus – Live
• BLKTECHCLT Learning Lab – Navigating Customer Discovery
Sunday, Feb. 18
Editor’s Note: We can’t include it if you don’t listed it. Submit your event here.