Each year before Christmas, Pi Phi Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc., adopts 100 Angels (children) from the Salvation Army’s Angle Tree program.
Brother Guardino Miller coordinates this effort, which connects a deserving child with a giving Brother from our chapter.
The men of Pi Phi Chapter step up and do their best to grant each child’s Christmas wish. Bikes, dolls, clothing, jackets, shoes, games, toys, computers, televisions and other gifts are donated by the Brothers of Phi Pi Chapter.
For some of these children, these donations and will be the only gifts they receive this holiday season. And because Brothers donate clothing and jackets as well, these gifts are especially timely as colder weather sets in.
Pi Phi Chapter of Omega Ps Phi Fraternity, Inc. is a service organization, charged with impacting the community through political and social action, community service, leadership and professionalism. We seek to be proper examples of manhood and demonstrate the positive impact that men in general, and African-American men specifically, can have in the community.
Pi Phi Chapter has taken part in the Angel Tree gift drive for more than seven years, and we have had a tremendous impact on the lives of selected children and families.
Pi Phi, through the Omegas of Charlotte Foundation, also:
• Sponsors college scholarships for high school seniors in Charlotte-Mecklenburg.
• Awards scholarship money to students in our International High School Essay Contest and Talent Hunt competitions.
• Sends deserving boys to the 6th District Boys Camps.
• Sponsors a Robotics and Chess Clubs for boys.
• Holds clothing and food drives for disaster relief.
• Hosts political forums during local elections and other community-service activities throughout the year
Gary J. Lewis is a member of Pi Phi Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. Pi Phi Chapter was founded in 1927 in Charlotte and is the largest chapter in Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. Pi Phi’s Basileus (President) is Brother Rayshion Sashington.
Editor’s Note: Wanna share what your fraternity or sorority is doing in the Qcity? Email article and photos to email@example.com.