Friendship Missionary Baptist Church will lead a hurricane-recovery mission to Beaumont and Port Arthur, Texas, and is looking for volunteers to help.
The Rev. Clifford Jones Sr. will lead the effort and is looking for able-bodied men to work four full days, gutting homes damaged by Hurricane Harvey. The trip is scheduled for Oct. 2 – 7.
Workers will be fed and housed by Antioch Missionary Baptist Church in Beaumont. Each man is expected to bring his own sleeping bag or air mattress, personal toiletries, clothing, shoes, and work gloves. If interested, contact Andrea Betaudier at 704-391-3842.
Friendship has posted a list of items needed for the mission:
• Non-prescription/OTC medicines such as Tylenol, Advil, cough medicines, allergy meds
• Band-aids, rubbing alcohol, hydro peroxide
• Dust masks
• Hand sanitizers
• Large heavy-duty trash bags
• Paper towels
• Bug spray
• Girt cards to Walmart, Target, Lowe’s, and Home Depot
• Cleaning supplies: Lysol, bleach, disinfectant, mops, brooms, buckets, etc.
• Rubber gloves
• Flash lights and batteries
Items may be dropped off at the church Sunday through Wednesday from 7 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. The deadline is Thursday, Sept. 28 at 5 p.m.