The City of Charlotte is in the process of developing the FY2015 Operating Budget and FY2015–19 Community Investment Plan (CIP).
In an effort to provide residents with an enhanced level of transparency, education, and the opportunity to fully understand the City’s budget from conception to Council approval, all budget process meetings will be carried live on the GOV Channel, Cable 16 or Digital 97-2, and online at GOVChannel.charmeck.org.
Live coverage will begin at the budget workshop scheduled for Wednesday, February 26 at 3 p.m. Archived meetings and downloadable audio and video files will be available on demand. Closed Captioning will be provided for the hearing impaired.
Budget Process Meetings
- Wednesday, February 26 at 3 p.m. – City Council budget workshop
- Wednesday, March 19 at 3 p.m. – City Council budget workshop
- Wednesday, April 9 at 3 p.m. – City Council budget workshop
- Monday, May 5 at 7 p.m. – Manager’s recommended budget presentation
- Monday, May 12 at 7 p.m. Public hearing on the recommended budget (including Storm Water)
- Wednesday, May 14 at 3 p.m. – Adjustments to recommended budget
- Wednesday, May 28 at 12 p.m. – Adjustments/straw votes on proposed budget adjustments
- Monday, June 9 at 7 p.m. – City Council meeting and budget adoption
For more information about the budget process, visit the City of Charlotte Budget and Evaluation website.