Question Bridge installation at the Harvey B. Gantt Center. (Photo: Chris Johnson of the Charlotte Observer)
The Harvey B. Gantt Center will host a free event featuring emerging and established black male leaders as they explore the topic, “Why didn’t you leave us a blueprint?”
That question, directed toward the civil rights generation, is one of many featured in “the Question Bridge” exhibition on display through June 1, 2014 at the Gantt Center.
The Jan. 17 roundtable will seek to generate conversations around issues such as education, work, family, and community.
Question Bridge artist Bayete Ross Smith will kick off the panel discussion, which will be moderated by Joseph Butler, host of WGIV’s “Start Something.”
Confirmed roundtable panelists include:
- No Limit Larry – host of WPEG Power 98’s The Morning Madhouse
- Reginald Bean – author and director of multicultural marketing at Coca-Cola Bottling Co.
- Javen Cannon – Myers Park High School senior and Possibility Project youth leader
- Juan Logan – artist and retired professor, UNC Chapel Hill
- Gary McFadden – former CMPD detective
- Adrian Sundiata – dean of students at Crossroads Charter High School
- Nick Wharton – president of Wharton and Wharton Associates
IF YOU WANT TO GO
Date: Friday, Jan. 17, 2014
Time: 7 p.m.
Place: Knight Theater at Levine Center for the Arts (430 S. Tryon Street)
More info: Visit the Gantt Center website.