Does your church have an effective health & wellness ministry? If not, free training is available.
Congregational Health Promoters (CHP), a free program sponsored by Presbyterian Healthcare, will hold a training session March 17 at Gethsemane Baptist Church in Davidson. The registration deadline is March 13.
CHP works with pastors and church wellness committees to:
- Identify congregational health needs and plan and promote whole person health
- Provide educational classes to enable wellness and prevent illness
- Provide personal health counseling, health screenings and member referrals as needed
What will I learn in the training?
- How to start a health ministry
- How to survey a congregation
- How to develop a health committee
- Program planning
Who should attend CHP training?
- People invested in health ministry Health committee members of your church or local assembly
- Retired, inactive or currently working nurses or health care professionals
IF YOU WANT TO GO:
Date: Saturday, March 17
Time: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Place: Gethsemane Baptist Church (565 Jetton St., Davidson, NC.)
For more information or to register, contact Denise Cathey at (704) 316-3875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.