If you like good food and will be in the uptown area Thursday evening, you might try stopping by Chow Down Uptown-A Food Truck Festival.
Launched on May 12, this weekly event showcases local food trucks and local entertainers.
Vendors have included:
• Holy Matrimony Wings and Pizza
• Napolitano’s Mobile Lunch & Catering — Italian specialties
• Southern Cake Queen “A little piece of heaven” – cupcakes
• Roots Farm Food — local meats and veggies
• Jim’s South Philly Steaks — cheese steak sandwiches, Italian items
• Sticks and Cones Ice Cream
• Roaming Fork — famous grilled cheese and pulled pork sandwiches, fried deviled eggs
• Outdoor Feasts – barbecue
• Cupcake Delirium — cupcakes and desserts
• Harvest Moon Grille– natural local items, featuring Grateful Growers’ pork
• Sonoran Hot Dogs – southwest themed hot dogs!
The event also will include free entertainment. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own beverages (alcohol is permitted if you’re over 21 years old) and lawn chairs are welcome as well.
IF YOU WANT TO GO:
Date: Thursday, June 2
Time: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Place: Across from Seventh Street Station – 260 East 7th Street
Cost: Admission is FREE; the food will cost ya.