A town hall meeting will be held Saturday to discuss childhood obesity, one of the most critical and debilitating health problems affecting African American youth.
The Charlotte Chapter and the Crown Jewels Chapter of The Links, Incorporated are hosting the event. The purpose is to not only educate those in attendance, but to engage the community in helping to develop strategies for overcoming this epidemic.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Mayor Anthony Foxx (Mayor of Charlotte)
- Barbara Pellin – Mecklenburg County (Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools)
- Cheryl Emmanuel- Community Health Administrator/Mecklenburg County Health Department
- Gardner Hawkins – Melange Health Solution
- Rodney Adams – Department of Social Services
- Eric Watson – Food Lion
- Reggie McAfee
- Dr. A.Q. Queen – UNCC Charlotte
IF YOU WANT TO GO:
Date: April 2, 2011
Time: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Location: The Mint Museum Uptown (500 South Tryon Street)
Continental breakfast/lunch will be served and door prizes will be given away. In addition there will be a “Biggest Loser Contest,” sponsored by Doncaster Clothing.