The Charlotte chapter of the National Hampton Alumni Association will host a recruitment and admission event on Saturday, Oct. 23.
High school seniors who submit all required admissions materials will be interviewed and receive admissions decisions on the spot. Merit-based scholarship determinations will be made.
For information about Hampton University and admission requirements, visit www.hamptonu.edu/admissions/ or call 1-800-624-3328.
IF YOU WANT TO GO:
Date: Saturday, Oct. 23
Time: 11 a.m.
Place: The Park (formerly Charlotte Merchandise Mart: 2500 E. Independence Blvd., Room 217 (2nd Floor Tower)
Dress Code: Business Casual.
Seniors MUST bring the following to obtain an interview and receive admissions decision on site:
- A signed and completed admissions application form
- Application fee of $35.00 (Non-refundable; Only cashier’s check or money order accepted)
- A copy of social security card
- Standardized test results, ACT or SAT scores are required of all students
- Official high school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation, one must be from guidance counselor
- Essay on one of the following topics: Describe a personal moral or ethical dilemma and how it impacted your life; or How Should Today’s Youth Combat Negative Moral Influences?; or An autobiographical essay.
For questions about the admissions process at Hampton University, call the Office of Admissions at 757-727-5328 or 1-800-624-3328. For questions about the event contact Chantel Bonner, NHAA, Inc. Charlotte Chapter Student Recruitment Chair, at email@example.com.