Central Piedmont’s Community College is launching a new program this spring to help existing business grow.
Getting to the CORE of Business, sponsored by the school’s Institute for Entrepreneurship, will be designed to give small business owners the skills needed to grow their businesses, revenues and their managerial skills. The five-month program begins in January.
The program will include:
- An orientation session that includes individualized business assessments.
- A series of 16 evening course sessions targeting essential business systems.
- Up to eight hours of one-on-one counseling by professionals
- Experiential learning through exercises and activities using real world experiences.
- Utilization of Efficio’s Red Diamond Blueprint Model™.
The program is designed for business owners who have been operating their business for more than a year and are seeking to expand, build processes and develop an effective growth strategy.
The City of Charlotte will offer scholarships for Certified Small Business Enterprises and business owners in the city’s five priority corridors. To learn more about the eligibility requirements and scholarship application process visit http://smallbiz.charmeck.org, or contact Jerrianne Jackson at 704.432.1311.
The scholarship application deadline is Friday, December 11, 2009.
Don’t qualify for scholarship funding? You can still participate. For detailed program information, pricing and registration information, visit www.cpcc.edu/e-institute or call 704.330.6736.
The deadline for course registration is January 4 and program enrollment will be limited to 25 business owners.