The Los Angeles coroner has ruled that Michael Jackson died from an overdose of the drug combination of propofol and lorazepam.
According to CNN.com, the coroners report stated Jackson died from “acute propofol intoxication,” but it added “other conditions contributing to death: benzodiazepine effect.”
The toxicology report, search warrant and affidavit indicate that
Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson’s personal physician, had given Jackson too many different types of drugs including Lorazepam, midazolam and diazepam are benzodiazepines.
“The full and final autopsy report and the complete toxicology report “will remain on security hold at the request of the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County district attorney,” the release said.
According to a 32-page sworn statement, here is a timeline of what Murray says happened June 25, the day Jackson died.
• About 1:30 a.m., Murray gave Jackson 10 mg of Valium (diazepam).
• About 2 a.m., he injected Jackson with 2 mg of the anti-anxiety drug Ativan (lorazepam).
• About 3 a.m., Murray then administered 2 mg of the sedative Versed (midazolam).
• About 5 a.m., he administered another 2 mg of Ativan.
• About 7:30 a.m., Murray gave Jackson yet another 2 mg of Versed while monitoring him with a device that measures the oxygen saturation of his blood.
• About 10:40 a.m., “after repeated demands/requests from Jackson,” Murray administered 25 mg of propofol, the document said.
“Jackson finally went to sleep and Murray stated that he remained monitoring him. After approximately 10 minutes, Murray stated he left Jackson’s side to go to the restroom and relieve himself. Murray stated he was out of the room for about two minutes maximum. Upon his return, Murray noticed that Jackson was no longer breathing.”
Will Murray be charged with Jackson’s death? Will the Jackson family file a wrongful death suit against the doctor?
What do you think should happen?